Position: Teacher of Electrical Trades – Worcester Technical High School
This teaching position aims to prepare students for a successful transition to post-secondary education or the workplace upon graduation as an electricity student. The teacher will educate students in basic safety, residential, and commercial electrical work, knowledge of circuits, electrical equipment, controls, interpretation of plans and blueprints, electrical code, and the use of formulas to calculate such things as voltage, amperage, and resistance.
• Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• Guide the learning process toward achieving curriculum goals as established by the county. In harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
• Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
• Assess the accomplishments of students regularly and provide progress reports as required.
• Participate in IEP meetings for special education students as needed.
• Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
• Build appropriate, meaningful relationships to facilitate a positive classroom climate.
• Establish a program advisory committee.
• Promotes work-based internships and apprenticeships.
• Participate in professional learning community meetings and district professional development opportunities.
• Adhere to and follow all procedures and policies established by Worcester County Public Schools.
• Attend and participate in school-wide events and school testing as required and assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be willing to meet Maryland teacher certification requirements.
• Possesses or be eligible to obtain a Master Electrician License.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an electrician within the last 10 years.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Willing to learn and use new technology.
DUTY YEAR AND SALARY:
This is a 188-day position. Salary Commensurate with certification and experience based on the Worcester County Salary Schedule for Teachers. (Includes benefits package)
• Each candidate meeting the employment qualifications for the Teacher of Electrical Trades position must submit an internal application available on our website at www.worcesterk12.com.
• Please upload a letter of interest that addresses the position's essential functions along with a résumé.
• Applications received by the vacancy announcement deadline will be prescreened.
• The selected applicants will be invited for an interview.
If you have any questions or require assistance in completing the online application, please contact Debbie Powell at 410-632-5120 or email us at email@example.com
If accommodations are needed for the interview, they will be provided with an advanced request.
Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employment/Non-Discrimination Statement
Worcester County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Chief of Safety & Human Relations, Worcester County Board of Education, 6270 Worcester Highway, Newark, MD 21841.